The 2019 National Animal Welfare Conference is set to take place at the Hotel Bonaventure Montreal April 14-15, 2019.
Note that, out of respect for our speakers, we have published all session abstracts and bios in the language in which they were submitted.
All sessions at the 2019 National Animal Welfare Conference will be presented in English. We will be offering simultaneous English-to-French translation for all plenaries and a number of concurrent sessions. Note that all simultaneously-translated sessions are marked with “ST” in the schedule.
NEW! Continuing Education Credits available:
- Alberta Veterinary Medical Association - Up to 11.5 Hours
- Association des Techniciens en Santé Animale du Québec - Up to 5 Credits Daily
- British Columbia Veterinary Technologists Association - Up to 11.5 Hours
- Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association - Up to 11.5 Hours
- Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association - Up to 13 Credits
- Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians - Up to 11.5 Hours
- Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association - Up to 11.5 Hours
- Saskatchewan Association of Veterinary Technologists - 5 Credits Each Day
- Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association - Approval on case by case basis
- The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement - All presentations have been pre-approved for Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits
- More to come
NAWC2019 Program Committee Members:
Craig Naherniak, BC SPCA
Carrie Fritz and Sage Pullen-McIntosh, Calgary Humane Society
Tara Hellewell, Central Alberta Humane Society
Evan Lawlor, Edmonton Humane Society
Derek deLouche, Humane Canada
Mallory Lloyd, Humane Canada
Dr. Toolika Rastogi, Humane Canada
Elise Desaulniers, SPCA Montreal