TRAINING DAY: PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 1:00PM-2:30PM
TRACK: LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
Pauline Healy, MBA CHRP, Director, Advancement & Social Enterprise, Edmonton Humane Society
Geoff Urton, Senior Manager, Stakeholder Relations, British Columbia SPCA
You are a leader with big plans – for the animals, for your organization, for your career. You know where you want to get, but at times it seems impossible. There must be a better way.
In this workshop, you will discover techniques pivotal to your success, leading you to a completely new level of effectiveness. You will be asked to consider:
- What are leadership and management as distinct disciplines?
- How can I deliver extraordinary results to fulfill on my organization’s strategic plan?
- How can I harness the natural motivations of my people to get outstanding results from them?
You may not be directly involved in your organization’s strategic planning process, but you are motivated to contribute to actualizing this strategy in your work and contribute to your organization’s success.
You will leave this day-long workshop with a new context for personal and team effectiveness, able to employ practical skills that allow you to:
1. Be An Effective Leader and Manager With Impact: Laying the Groundwork for Powerful Work
Cultivate: Lay the groundwork for powerful work:
- Purposefully choose to employ a leader’s or a manager’s approach
- Emotional Intelligence: a key competency for effective managers
- Create a team culture that works for you
- Overcoming objections: how to transform the Scarcity of Resources Adversity Problem
2. What Strategic Thinking Can Do For Leadership Management: Implementing Your Plan For Success
Grow: Implement your strategic plan for success:
- Communicating with impact: enrolling your people in the plan as a change management process
- Inventory your skills: Applying SWOT analysis to the competencies of your team members
- Begin with the end in mind: using Results-Based Management to deliver optimal outcomes
3. Leading With Confidence Through Seasons of Change: Maintaining the Momentum You’re Generated
Nurture: Maintain the momentum you have generated:
- People management practices that work: feedback, coaching and delegation
- Performance management practices that motivate
- Delivering effective acknowledgements to your people to recognize and maximize their contributions