Humane Canada's National Animal Welfare Conference #NAWC2020
The 2020 National Animal Welfare Conference is in the beautiful city of Victoria, BC
March 28-30, 2020
Deep Dive Training Day on March 31st
About the Event
Humane Canada's National Animal Welfare Conference (NAWC) is an annual professional development and community-building event for anyone who works with, cares for or advocates for animals. It is Canada’s biggest and best-attended animal welfare conference.
When you join us in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to celebrate animal welfare you’ll get:
- Engaging conference sessions and activities,
- World-class speakers,
- Daily networking opportunities,
- Lightning sessions for quick takeaways,
- Amazing exhibitors & prizes (more every year),
- Wild Arc Tour,
- End of Day Social on Sunday March 29
- Access practical tips & takeaways from a variety of perspectives,
- A recharge area for fun and networking,
- Humane Canada Animal Welfare Leadership & Innovation Awards featuring Jane Goodall,
- Your opportunity to talk and collaborate with industry thought leaders to learn about emerging animal welfare trends, and
- Enjoy a taste of Vancouver Island while you get unparalleled access to the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today.
400+ annual attendees know that the National Animal Welfare Conference is a can’t miss event.
Humane Canada convenes the largest animal welfare community in Canada; this is one of our signature events where industry thought-leaders converge to share their experience and expertise. At this annual conference you can connect with the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today, learn cutting-edge practices and build a network of support that stretches from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At the two-day National Animal Welfare Conference learn from:
- Presentations, Workshops and Panel Discussion from Animal Welfare experts on new animal welfare initiatives,
- Keynote addresses,
- Emerging animal welfare research,
- Best practices in animal sheltering & community,
- Leadership practices in an animal welfare context,
- Animal welfare community engagement,
- Intersection of Animal Welfare and Climate Change,
- Animal Welfare Science,
- Welfare of Animals used for Food,
- Humane Education,
- Increasing Fundraising Capacity, and
- Advocacy and stakeholder relations techniques.
On March 31, you have an opportunity to immerse yourself with other attendees in the popular Deep Dive training day.
Who Attends #NAWC?
If you work with, care for or advocate for Canada’s animals, the National Animal Welfare Conference is the conference for you. Learn cutting-edge practices, collaborate, forge new partnerships and access the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today.
The National Animal Welfare Conference welcomes:
- SPCA, Humane Societies and Shelter/Rescue employees
- Students in any discipline,
- Veterinarians and vet techs,
- Researchers and scientists,
- Animal enforcement personnel,
- Animal care professionals who work with companion animals, farm animals or wildlife, and.
- People who advocate for animals or those who have an interest in animal welfare.
Travel Grant Available
For full requirements and details on how to apply click the button below.
"I was fortunate to be a recipient of one of the Royal Canin grants for the Humane Canada event held in Montreal 2019. I can’t even begin to put words to paper (or computer screen) how much I not only personally enjoyed but incredibly benefited from this event. Starting with the awards breakfast (wow, such yummy food) I had the opportunity to hear about and observe the recognition of some wonderful individuals who have dedicated their lives to the humane care and welfare of animals. WOW talk about inspirational! The conference itself was fantastic-the content of the sessions was spot on, the only downside is having to decide which sessions to attend! I’m also grateful of the nice mix of cross species and leadership speaker sessions available. The socials and SPCA walking tour was the icing on the cake- With an opportunity to share like minded ideas and stories. What a fab bunch of people! Thank you again to Humane Canada and Royal Canin- I cant begin to tell you how very much I benefited from this event. I feel as though it’s rekindled the fire in my heart." - Catherine McMillan, Winnipeg Humane Society